UCT rowing coaches
UCTRC Coaching Advert -
Men’s, Women’s Coaches
UCT Sport & Recreation
UCT Rowing Club
The University of Cape Town Rowing Club is seeking applications for coaches to coach UCT students and staff in rowing.
Positions for which applicants may apply:
• Men’s B coach
• Women’s B coach
• Novice/Assistant B Coach
• Demonstrable success as a rowing coach at Provincial, Club and/or Tertiary level
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience of coaching athletes
• Ability to motivate and influence athletes, coaches and teams
• Resilience and energy to operate in a challenging student centred working environment
• Proven ability to operate with professionalism and integrity in challenging situations
• Exceptional planning, co-ordination and organisational skills
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and/or as part of a team
• High level interpersonal, written, and verbal communication and influencing skills
• Strong disciplinary skills
• Computer literate
• Driver’s Licence
• FISA level 1 coaching qualification
• More than 2 years coaching experience at provincial level and/or in a high performance environment
• Provincial/National experience as athlete/coach
• Sports Science qualification
• Proper and efficient coaching of the relevant squad. Drawing up of structured organised training programmes focused on improving collective and individual performance.
• Attend and coordinate training at the UCT ergo room, Zeekoevlei and Misverstand Dam.
• Assisting in attracting talented athletes to UCT by ensuring they apply for sports scholarships with a focus on attracting athletes of colour to UCT.
• Attend all events in which the relevant squad participates (a list is drawn up and agreed to be the committee at the start of the season), including accompanying the team to any University Sport SA, (USSA) or University Sports Company tournaments should this occur. Accommodation and travel costs will be covered for these events.
• Engaging actively in continuous personal development and the development of UCT Rowing.
• Provide monthly progress reports relating to the coaching plan and implementation of new training methods.
• Any other duties that the UCT Rowing Committee sees fit, providing that such duties are appropriate to the role.
• Ability to communicate effectively with the Men’s and Women’s Head Coach to achieve a successful progression from the B squad to the A squad.
Remuneration commensurate with qualifications and experience for this position will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
To apply, please e-mail the below documents to Nicholas Papas at email@example.com
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
- Cover letter, and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo an assessment.
Telephone: 0839595647 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference/Subject: UCTROWING Closing date: Applications close on 30 November 2019
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.
Should you receive no correspondence from the employer within 30 days after the closing date regard your application as unsuccessful.